Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Preparing for Death

 Laura and I left here at 4:30 to walk.  We pushed out 45 minutes.  Phinnie was so sad.   I succumbed to his wish and walked again over to Galla Pond.  We saw the same wildflowers—Tickseed, Common Daisy, Goldenrod, False Purple Foxglove and the wild Blue Aster. We still enjoyed their blooms even though we had seen them before.

I am preparing for my passing today.  I have an appointment this morning to draw up my will.  I am undecided about just what to do, but perhaps this lawyer will advise me.  I’ve known him all his days.  My Grandfather Powell wrote his will in March of 1810.  He died that October in Mercer County, Kentucky, aged 70.  He said he was in perfect state of mind and made his “in the name of God, Amen…”.   This means “in the name of God, so be it”.  I am not sick but I do not want to be unprepared so my death will be a burden on my children.  Baby Brother died with no will.  This was a wake up call to me.  Sister Fleta has completed her will.  I plan to follow her lead.













2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

Me too I went today to look at my stone it is perfect very simple and plain. It’s just like I wanted

Margie's Musings said...

I have written my will but I don't have much to leave. I have nice furniture but am sure none of my kids will want it. They have nice furniture too. They can have an auction.