Friday, October 1, 2021

Visiting


Went to visit my cousin Irene in the Mts. today.  Always get to see Jann, too, and that is a special treat.  I crocheted Irene a collar to wear with her blue dress, plus, a Bible bookmark.  I will say her ankles were swollen so that she was in pain.  Her blood is way too thin.  Jann made her eat mustard greens yesterday to try to bring it up.  She still is not a whiner with all these afflictions.   Each time I come seems she’s smaller than the month previous, melting away.  It rained a little while we were there and she said, “oh, thank you, Jesus.”

Cousin Irene’s yard is always full of blooms.  The purple flower is called Obedient Plant.  It’s in the mint family.  Her red rose was just beautiful.  The Hibiscus is one her son Stanley gave her for her birthday last March.   When Margaret and I  drive away from Ben Hur, I’m always thankful and count myself lucky to just know her.





 

No comments: