Thursday, September 23, 2021

Cool Morning





Phinnie and I walked almost an hour.  This was the sweetest morning as it was only about 50 degrees.  I grabbed a jacket.  Fog was drifting up from Galla Lake and Pond.  I can still spy the Harvest Moon.  Took a photo of the moon smiling on my neighbors’ home.  I have the best neighbors.  A moody scene is created by the steam rising off the surface of the sun-lit water.  It is a beautiful sight, and one that becomes more common when the weather shifts from warm summer sunrises to crisp autumn mornings. The phenomenon has many names—steam fog, evaporation fog, frost smoke, sea smoke.   The fog will put one in melancholy mood.  It did me.  The water is your mind and memories of past float on the surface.  Some tinged with sadness.  Tears raising but only in your mind, not in your eyes.  Fog tears.

Pop’s old friend, Glen Chenowith has passed away.  Wonder how many car dents he repaired in his lifetime?  Too many to number.




 

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

Very nice pictures! Yesterday and today our morning lows have been in the 40's. I like walking a little later in the day, instead of trying to beat the heat.