Thursday, April 21, 2022

Back Door Company



Yesterday it rained nearly all day.  At least it wasn’t snow.  In 2021 we got frost and my Sisters had snow on April 20th.  During a rain break, I let my chickens out.  Before long I looked out and they were gathering on my back porch asking for a snack.  I shooed them away as they leave gifts on the porch.  I like letting them free range everyday.  Eggs are much more nutritious this way and feed bill is less. Tomorrow I’m going to the home place and staying over night.  My Sisters are back door company.

You see there’s front door visitors and back door ones.  Back door friends are the dearest to the heart.  I keep the front door locked but my back door is unlatched.  



 

3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

When I was a child we always raised chickens. Even when we moved to town after my dad died, she put up a chicken pen and always bought chicks in season. She went to a furniture store downtown and brought home a huge box and put to near our circulating heater in the dining room. he also raised canaries. They sang beautifully. Their cages were in the sunshine next to the dining room double windows. I had a pet chicken I named Charlie. I would put my finger down to the grand and he would hop on it. My sister took a picture of that with my mom's Brownie camera.

Margie's Musings said...

She also raised canaries,

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice bunch of visitors! Have fun on your outing!