Sunday, April 3, 2022

Oh, Deer


Blogger will not let me comment on blogs for some unknown reason.  Guess I’ll keep quiet.  🤣🤣

Five deer came to Galla Meadow this morning.  They were enjoying those purple weeds that are filling up lawns.  I watched them come nearer and nearer tempted by the lush new growth.

I wanted to see what the deer thought was so tasty.  It’s called Henbit.  You may have some in your yard too.  It blooming now and the blooms are purple. 

Henbit is a winter annual, broadleaf weed. It germinates in the fall and actively starts to grow in the cool spring weather when adequate soil moisture is present.  It’s a member of the mint family. Its purple flowers serve as an early source of nectar and pollen for honeybees and bumblebees. 











 

2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

Pretty deer.

I have lots of henbit. I hate it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice looking deer! Sorry you cannot comment on blogs sometimes blogger just goes nuts:(