Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Flying Flowers

This butterfly is a swallowtail.  Black swallowtails, like other butterflies, prefer flat-topped flowers or plants with clusters of small flowers. Favorites include phlox, gaillardia, zinnias, butterflyweed, and milkweed. This is phlox. I like watching butterflies like I love watching birds.

Erin told me she was a 6 not a 4. She also said, “Mom, that’s just a bunch of made up stuff”. Oh, 6’s are skeptics. Sadly, 5’s are usually stingy. Oh, dear that smarts. I don’t put lots of faith in the test being good for anything.

I finished Root Beer Lady that Connie spoke of on her blog. I really loved it. Dorothy identified with her island. Made me recall how I feel about Galla Meadow. Friday, I’m carrying the book to Sister Fleta.


 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad to hear you liked the book! I hope to go to the Museum where her cabin is located this summer.
The butterflies are so pretty on the Phlox!
Hope you have lots of blooms for them!