Sunday, April 17, 2022

Happy Easter

He gave all for me; I do so little for Him💜💜

Most High, glorious God, enlighten the shadows of my heart, and grant unto me a right faith, a certain hope and perfect charity, sense and understanding, Lord, so that I may accomplish Thy holy and true command.
St. Francis of Assisi

I am excited.  I am going to make my Cousin some dresses.   Well, if I can.  I bought her a tee shirt dress for Easter but it will probably be way too long.   My friend Amy Patsy is loaning me a pattern and I will use cotton material.  Laura measured a dress she likes.  She has shrank more.  She said she is only 4 feet 4 inches now.  I used to be able to sew verily well.  Praying I can still stitch up a simple dress.

We were very poor.  For my high school graduation, my mother bought me a sewing machine from Sears.  When I went to college, I made a few clothes.  When I started teaching, I made three dresses to wear.  They were “double” knit.  That was the thing.  I made some pant suits that matched.  

Wishing you a Easter filled with good health.  Without health nothing is good. 





 

4 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

It's wonderful you have that gift. My grandmother, one aunt and my sister had that gift.Unfortunately, I must have been behind the door when that one was passed out.

Margie's Musings said...

My mom had it too.I almost forgot about her.

Galla Creek said...

Margie, you have lots of gifts.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Easter! How wonderful to be able to sew for your cousin. I was never any good at machine sewing. I hope your dresses turn out great! :)