Friday, April 8, 2022

Hyacinths


 My hyacinths are gone.  Did you know these blooms feed the soul?  A Persian wrote this is the 1200’s.  His name was Din Sadi.

If of thy mortal goods thou art bereft
And from thy slender store
Two loaves alone to thee are left 
Sell one, and with the dole
Buy hyacinths and feed the soul.

I need to mow the weeds but it’s so cold I’ll have to wear a big coat and knit cap.  I looked back and the dogwoods were blooming at this time last year.  Oh, well, it will soon be hot so today is just a trifle.

I’m reading about a cold case.  It’s interesting but I realize it’s only a theory.  I like the tv shows about cold cases,  Many are being solved with DNA evidence.  I guess I like a mystery.




2 comments:

Donna. W said...

We're watching a British cold case show on PBS, Unforgotten. We're watching season 4 now, and season 5 is supposed to be coming before long. Each season has five or six episodes, and each season is about a different case. It is fictional, though.

Galla Creek said...

I may try to find this.