Saturday, June 10, 2023

A Little Problem in Bird Feeding Paradise


Well, my motto I said was "NEVER GIVE UP".  Low and behold its the squirrels motto also.  I was ahead 6 to 0 and by next morning another showed up.  I trapped him and hauled him to the oak shaded graveyard.  I think I smirked.  By evening another was out there.  I had restored all my feeders.  Not so fast!  I took the easy peasy ones down and by late evening the score was 8 to zip.  Well, this morning I headed to Walmart to get some potting soil, when I got back a fat squirrel was on my big feeder and he was getting fatter.  Now, the score is 8 to 1.  I reset the trap.  He was so full he went off to the Walnut tree for a quick nap.  



This slinky worked for a while.  Then it broke.  It came from the Dollar Tree.  Maybe I need a metal one.  Also, I saw one squirrel climb on Brother's gut tub which is now filled with flowers.  He made a flying leap from that tub and landed on my flat feeder.

I am not defeated.  I am determined!  I am a bird watcher not a squirrel feeder!
 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

They are coming back from the graveyard...have fun...:)