Friday, June 9, 2023

Greta is a Goblin

As of this morning, the score is — me 5 and squirrels 0.  I caught the last one that was raiding my bird feeders.  I will set the trap if I see more.  We had a little shower this morning.  I made a cup of coffee and sit on the porch.  I filled my other suet feeder.  Put seed in the flat feeder.  When Laura comes I want to move the Gilbert gut tub flower pot back to its place.  The squirrels were using it like a trampoline to jump onto the feeders, but then they learned to shimmy up the skinny pole and my slinky broke. So I scooted the big tub farther away from the feeders. Never give up in war is my motto.  I was very distressed as the squirrel were beating me.  I set that trap everyday.  I moved it to different spots.  Those last 3 squirrels ignored the trap.  I was baiting it with corn.  Then a light bulb clicked in my head.  The little stickers preferred the black oil sunflower seeds.  Now, I am a winner at last.
Greta is a Goblin.  She had camp this week.  She has a basketball tournament this weekend in Fayetteville.  She is running 20 minutes each day for cross country.  I’m so happy she is involved in school activities.  She attended vacation Bible school this week.  Clayton has a birthday at the end of June.  He’ll be 15.  He’s working some at the gun store and watching Ada when Greta has sports practice.  
 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great looks like the tallest gal too! Way to go!! Hope she has fun and increases her skills!
Squirrels are awful. Luckily my great nephew likes to hunt!:)