Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Flag Day


Javier Zamora was born in El Salvador in 1990 during the country’s civil war. His father fled to the United States first, a year after Zamora was born, and his mother followed when he was 5. For the next four years, he lived with his grandparents.  He dreamed of going to America and being with his parents.  Finally at age 9, his grandfather hired a coyote.  It was his turn to go.  The book is about his journey.   He is deserted by the first man that was hired to take him.  It is an amazing story.  Many say he had no right to come.  He was caught once and placed in a cage jail.  I say,”by the grace of God, there goes I”.  The book was an eye opener for me.  

Javier built a successful life here.  He is a college graduate.  I recommend the book.  

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

That sounds a lot like a book Cliff and I read, American Dirt. It makes a person think, seeing what people in other countries have to put up with.