Monday, August 23, 2021

August Blue Moon

My new flock of chickens are thriving.  I came out on the back porch at 4:30 and spied the August Blue moon.  A blue moon is the second full moon of the mouth.  If you look closely, you can see many tiny flecks of light—heavenly stars.  My new little flock of chickens are in my pen and are so pretty.  By winter I will have lots of eggs.  Sister Patsy got new chickens yearly.  I keep mine until they die of old age or the coyotes kill them.


August's full moon is traditionally called the Sturgeon Moon, after the giant sturgeon fish of the Great Lakes and Lake Champlain, which were most readily caught during this time of the summer, according to The Farmers' Almanac.

I am leaving shortly to stay with Ada as her daycare is quarantined again.   




 

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful moon above the lake, such a beautiful spot!

Margie's Musings said...

Very pretty and I didn't know about that at all. I learn so much from you!!

~Amy-Patsy said...

Lovely Blue Moon ~Amy-Patsy