Sunday, August 29, 2021

Side Affects

Can’t believe Larry been gone a year and half.  I still struggle.  I am better because one just gets used to how things are.  When I was filling in as Ada’s caretaker because the nursery was quarantined again, I picked up a picture album from Erin’s bookshelf and looked at the pictures.   I don’t recall her taking these two, but I loved seeing them and remembering our life.  This was when we still ordered pictures from film.

The photo on the front porch with the newspaper reminded me how we both loved reading the newspaper.  I was trying  to read the Courier as he’s holding it.  This drove him crazy.  He couldn’t stand anyone reading over his shoulder either.   We took the AR Gazette which later became Ar Demo Gaz and the local paper.  He loved the want ads and I turned first to the obituaries.  I did the crosswords in both.   He loved the word search.

Our lives were not perfect as neither of us were.   Nothing will ever be the same, but I still rejoice in what was and what will be.  God has a plan for me and I want to continue to walk forward trying to do a few good things.  I praise my Lord today as I am not alone.

Before talking horse wormer, one should consider some serious side affects occurring.

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

I only just today saw your question about too old to cut the mustard, and replied to it on my blog.

Galla Creek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.