Saturday, August 14, 2021

‘Maters and Gravy

 

My Cousin Irene gave me a big red Beefsteak tomato.  I know my dinners of red tomato slices and gravy are numbering less and less.  I sliced 4 thick slabs and made white gravy.  I can’t make a dab so Phinnie and Cora had their dog food smothered in white gravy too.  Yes, it was good, but I had no biscuit for sopping.   I could have tried to create those, too, but you can’t make one or two and the oven would make my cool house hotter.   We don’t always get all we want, but this was all I needed and it was good.  Praying today you have needs met and understand that is enough.  Praise His name.  

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

We tried tomatoes and gravy today for the second time. I made gravy with bacon grease and a half-pound of sausage for dinner. We had bread and gravy and tomato. When I was a child, bread-and-gravy were my favorite food. If that was available, I ate nothing else for supper, just filled up on that.