Sunday, August 8, 2021

Boring Blog

I know my blog is boring, but it all goes back to purpose.  My objective is to record life for my family and friends.  It’s just a log.  That’s what ephemeris means—just a record.

Lately, it seems my record  is full of death.  Well, I’m old and those I know are dying.  That’s my life.

I had hopes life would get better, but our world is full of ignorant people, so it probably won’t.

I’ll go on recording and try to be positive even in death.  I have hope, if not in this life, hope in the next.

I hope your health is good.  I hope you can sleep at night.  I hope you have some joy today.

P




 

3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

What a cute child...and her dog is cute too. Don't be so remorseful. I am 85...soon to be 86 and I am in excellent health. My great aunt Margie lived to be 104. She just went to bed one night and didn't wake up the next morning. That's the way to go. She died in 2004. Look on each day as another day of life. My entire family is gone too except for children and grandchildren some nieces and nephews and and great grandchildren and two cousins.. My husband, mother, father, stepfather, and sister are all gone.

I refuse to be morose. I play Bunco twice a month and game day once a month at the senior center 17 miles away in Coffeyville.

It's a choice how to approach life.

Galla Creek said...

It’s hard, Margie. I try then I fall back. I need to find more to do away from home. I know what I need to do, but mostly I don’t.

Donna. W said...

I get the blues pretty often, and I still have my husband with me. I think this pandemic gets me down; it appears as though it will always be with us, and that eventually we'll all get it because of the way it morphs into something new. More and more I get the feeling this world is NOT my home. I want to magically go back to my childhood and relive it. Such good times, and I never had to worry; my parents did all the worrying and took care of my needs. I had to get old to appreciate that.