Monday, August 16, 2021

Sigrid Learning

All my other next-door grand girls won’t start to school today.  They both will be working though and will start college classes Wednesday.  Sigrid is a Junior this year.  Driving herself to RHS.  I’m glad I have a friend in charge of her school~Al Harpenau!   She’s has good friends which is important.  Sigrid’s heart and mine are attached by a strong thread.   We travel apart but can follow that link close again.

The spider, dropping down from twig,

Unfolds a plan of her devising,

A thin premeditated rig

To use in rising.


And all that journey down through space,

In cool descent and loyal hearted,

She spins a ladder to the place

From where she started.


Thus I, gone forth as spiders do

In spider's web a truth discerning,

Attach one silken thread to you

For my returning.

-- E. B. White