Sunday, January 7, 2007

Hard time growing up! (Link to Sister's Water Bucket Story)


Sister tells on her blog about our "hard" raisin'.
It was a difficult existence. But hey, we all made
it just fine. All Four sisters who survived are
good people. And our fifth sister was literally
an angel sent to earth to teach the rest of us about
what perfection really is. I don't think any of us have
bitterness about what "we did not have". I know
that I was lucky with what "we did have". My
parents set an example for us...a way we should
behave and we followed it. We enjoy laughing,
loving, giving, reading. None of us are the type
to follow a piper because we were taught to not
believe everything that is told. We are all
examiners and doubt then decide for ourselves.

The sisters I guess are like this tree in Galla
woods. We had a hard life, a hard growing up,
but we made it and we are still all four standing.

Side note to Helen--could my knees be bad from
carrying those double buckets of water?

1 comment:

Annie said...

I think growing up with little material wealth but lots of family love and support produces strengths and resiliencies that growing up with lots of material wealth doesn't. Those with lots of material wealth often seem to have to rely more on connections and networking rather than inner strengths and competencies.