Saturday, January 20, 2007

Receipt From Grandma's Cookbook

On many of the recipe sheets from Grandma's Sunny
Lane Cookbook, she put a picture of the author of the
recipe. This is the sheet that has a recipe attributed to
my mother. I know it is not her recipe as she did not
use recipes. She just put in what she wanted and
really she was a very good cook. I think Grandma
asked about a recipe and she told her she liked
scallop potatoes. She used to want me to make them
for her and she did make them occasionally, also. I bet
Grandma just put in the recipe for Aunt Thelma, too.
These two are written in Grandma's handwriting and
the picture is my mother. She called the recipes ....receipts.
So I guess they were called that.

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Aunt Thelma's receipt calls for 7/8 teaspoon of soda...oh, dear,
how do we measure that.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous heirloom. I have just been reading your sister Patsy's site and she is going to charge you a fortune for those banties you want lol

She plans to hatch out hundreds and be a millionaire I reckon

Linda@VS said...

I'd forgotten it, but my grandmother called them "receipts," too. Thanks for the reminder.

Annie said...

I make my scalloped potatoes much like your family did. Yum, I think I'll make some tomorrow.

Sister--Helen said...

Aunt Francis was the cook of the Daughter-in-laws....