Saturday, January 6, 2007

The Old Kitchen!


This was the summer of 1957 or 1958.
I think Patsy took the picture. It
shows my family in what I call the
old kitchen. Some things I loved
about it were the pine walls--later
Daddy and his girls covered the walls
with sheet rock. You can see Patsy's
graduating photo on the wall in the
living room. I recall the electric
clock was white with yellow trim.
Daddy was working at night on Table
Rock Dam. He slept in the day and we
had to be quiet. Mom is holding our
little sister, Debbie Lee, who is over
a year old but can not walk or talk.
I am eating a biscuit, but you can see
it is summer time and hot weather. There
is ice in the refrigerator tub and I think
probably kool aid in the metal pitcher. Daddy
is having breakfast before he has to go to
work or to bed and we are enjoying Momma's
homemade biscuits and jelly. Helen is living
the wild life--nude from waist up!

7 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

Daddy never did get used to sleeping in the day time.....He was not a night person. I think that is one reason he looked so bad. No telling how many hours of sleep he was getting in a day...

Galla Creek said...

The table cloth was red checks. The curtain in the living room were those plastic ones you could buy and they had purple back ground and I think some yellow.
Momma wore glasses before Daddy...I had forgotten this. I did not wear glasses until I could do nothing without them.

Sister--Helen said...

I do remember the red table cloth.. and the plastic curtains..

Sister--Fleta said...

And the table is the one Sister Betty sat on and broke in two...

Sister--Fleta said...

And Betty and I look nothing alike in this photo, but now we look so much alike that my granddaughter always thinks pictures of Betty are actually me and her granddaughters get confused by my pictures.

Galla Creek said...

My Erin thinks Fleta and I look like twins.

Annie said...

I think your grandchildren today look a lot like you did then.