Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Retirement

My brother turned 62 in September. He
has worked for Tyson foods for 19 years.
He is hanging up his apron for better things.
He has a lot of hobbies--all near the homeplace.
I know he will not miss going to work early and
staying late. I am envious of him, but I am not
ready to hang up my apron for at least 3 or 4
years. I have had the same job all my adult life.
I am 56 years old and have worked at the school
I am at now since 1973....long time in one place.
It does feel like home there.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I just saw Patsy's post and asked if he'd have enough things to do once he is retired. I guess you answered that question for me.

I sometimes think it's harder for men than for women to retire. Maybe it won't be a problem for your brother.