Thursday, February 17, 2022

Between Rains I Walked

 

In between rains, Phinnie and I walked.  It’s still warm but is going to be colder tonight.  Soon it’ll be warmer again.  The Jonquils are blooming and other pretty flowers will follow. If one takes notice you can see the loveliest little miracles.  I am fascinated by the holly berries.  The water dripping from them made them even more delicate.

The neighbor boy was in the ditch.  I was afraid it was my Ingie, so I walked over.  He said he met the garbage truck.  Some of them whiz down the road, but this youngster drives to fast on the dirt road.  He’ll have to learn.  I texted Ingrid afraid it was her when I saw the abandoned car across the field.   She texted that she was fine. She said “Poppa taught me to drive”.  Special girl knows how to make me smile.   Don’t you hate to see anyone having car trouble or in the ditch.  I can’t help them.  Too old, but I pray when I see them.

Praying your day is productive and you stay out of the ditch.  I don’t want to let my mind wander to the ditch today.  I’m going to try to keep my thoughts on the lighted path the Lord has lit.



3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

It's good you still get out and walk...even between rains!

happyone said...

Glad to hear you got out and walked. Had a warm day for walking in my area too, but I think it's going to snow again tomorrow. Maybe it will pass us up this time.

~Amy-Patsy said...

I love reading your wise insights that you share.
~Amy-Patsy