Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Hope Springs

“Hope springs eternal in the human breast; 
Man never Is, but always To be blest. 
The soul, uneasy, and confin'd from home, 
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.” A. Pope

I can understand the feelings in “The Essay on Man”.  We always seem to cling to hope even when things look bleak.  Today, I hoping the icy rain misses us or the temperature rises just enough to have it melt quickly.  Even when you hear someone say they have given up all hope, they haven’t.  When one tiny ray of hope shines, it grows.  The flowers blooming in the cold signals warmer days to come. 

Laura and Eric are home today because of the weather forecast.  I’m sure farther north, Erin’s two did not go to school.  Today we are hoping the weather man is a liar.

I have hope of a wonderful day, but until that time I will try to make the most of this day and the hand I have been dealt.

The Sisterhood lives on.  We are still three.  We had lunch Monday at Cozy Cafe and Helen did not have to cook.  Elder Sister still works everyday, but she was able to take her lunch break with us.  It was a warm sunny day.  The sun always shines warm in our hearts when we are together.  Thankful to Laura for capturing the memory for us.  



1 comment:

happyone said...

Part of my day was nice and warm.
Nice to see those three smiles. :)