Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Cheering My Team

Kay Lou and I enjoyed the ATU Golden Suns game tonight.  It was a makeup game with Southern Arkansas.  I guess my favorite player is going to be Alex Hill from Harrison/Alpena.  I think her great aunts are Ina and Nina Hill from Mt. Judea.  They were my suite-mates at ATU in 1969.  Of course, Kay and I love cheering for Anna Myers from Russellville.  Anna played a lot tonight as did other nonstarters.  The Suns got way ahead early.  It’s always fun to win by a bunch.   The Tech Athletic Director came by and visited with us thanking us for supporting the Suns.  I plan to attend some of the softball games because a little Chisum girl from OK is on that team.  I’m hoping  Margaret Monk will go with me.  Thomas Chisum from Newton County is this player’s several Greats Grandfather.  Faye Chisum is her Grandmother.  

I will admit I enjoyed watching the Suns more than I did the Super Bowl last night, but I was rooting for the losing team.  

Today was a beautiful, warm day.  I hope you got outside in the sunshine, if not maybe tomorrow as it should be another day to enjoy.  I practiced smiling today!  😊😊


 

1 comment:

Sister--Helen said...

Could be he came and talked to you two because you were setting in chairs on the floor like frail old women.. I’ll bet you two jump
Out of your chairs to cheer… if so they may start making you climb those stairs t