Friday, March 11, 2022

Babysitting

The little red hen said “is this seat taken?”
I puppy sat Piper today.  I walked over to get her.  She seemed to be happy.  In the afternoon we sat on the back porch.  Guess Piper was homesick.  First, she went in the horse pasture.  I told her to come.  She came out of the pasture and took off running.  Her legs are just 3 inches long, but by the time I got my shoes on she had a big head start.  She went home.  When I got there, Piper was sitting by the back door.  I let Blu and Penny out again.  I put Piper in her crate and when the other two came in, I left them inside and walked back home.  Logan said he’d be home by 5:30.  Astrid was at Conway Regional today with her nursing class.  The shift is 12 hours.  Last week she was in ICU and really liked it.  Astrid has one more semester until she will be an RN.
Today, I saw my first wild flowers.  These are tiny white blooms with pink lines.  So delicate and pretty.  It’s called Claytonia Virginica, Virginia Spring Beauty, eastern spring beauty, grass flower, or fairy spud.  It’s scientific name honors colonial Virginia botanist John Clayton (1694-1773).


 

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have Spring! Enjoy your puppy sitting! How wonderful that Astrid is almost done with school!:)

happyone said...

That is so funny that Piper ran home. :)

Donna. W said...

It's good she knows her way home!