Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Fog and Daylight


 It’s really foggy today.  Soon the fog will lift and the sun will be in control.

Sigrid and I are going to eat together today.  I eat my evening meal early.  I’ve been craving fish and hope to enjoy some.

I’m looking forward to chopping some poke stalks today by my chicken pen and maybe walking without a jacket.

I saw we may have a law to make daylight saving time year around in Arkansas.  The first year Arkansas changed to daylight saving time was 1970.  My Maternal Grandfather carried a pocket watch.  He would never change to daylight time.  He said he had God’s time.   The idea of saving day light has been around a long time.  Ben Franklin was for it. He wrote an essay in 1784 about being awake early when the sun rose.  His thought was this could save money spent candles.  Do you think Daylight Saving Time year around is a good idea?

Elijah Houston Gaddy
1895_1979

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like that he called it "God's time"
I don't care one way or the other just leave it alone and stop changing the time! I am certain some Politicians just wanted to drive a bunch of people crazy with time changes.

happyone said...

I don't care if it's DST or Standard, but would like it not to change at all!!