Friday, March 4, 2022

Good Walk


 Phinnie and I had a good walk today.  It was so warm and nice.  We walked about 45 minutes in all. My friend Mary Bourne sent me a book.  The name is Ordinary Grace.  I hope it’s as good as Mary thought.  Mary is 92.  She may be  trying to empty her book shelf.  I have got two books to send her.  I’m thinking next week I’ll get them in the mail.  

Tomorrow I’m traveling north to Newton County to visit my cousin Irene. It’s her birthday.   She’ll be 84.  I crocheted her a food cover for the table—well just the edging.  She wanted a new mop and mop bucket.  Not a very exciting gift but it’s what she wanted.  I’ve made a strawberry cake.  I’ll frost it in the morning.

Laura brought me a pumpkin muffin for breakfast and taco salad for lunch.  It was so good. Avocado on the salad and homemade salsa.  She said it’s like she operates “Lil Red Wagon Meals on Wheels”.   I can’t cook well.  I used to be able to make good meals.  Now, most what I cook becomes chicken feed.  

Tomorrow is another promising day.  I’m ready.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad to hear you got a good walk in.
Have a fun and safe trip tomorrow.
I delivered Meals on Wheels for 15 years some years back. Loved it.