Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Spread Those Wings

During my long walk last weekend, I saw this buzzard sitting with his wings all spread.  He was almost pretty, but I knew he was an ugly buzzard.  We have to learn to turn from evil and it’s not always easy.  Sin is inviting.  Until sin is bitter and Christ is sweet, life is a constant struggle.  Hope today I can cling to my Lord and turn from evil.  I think America first is an evil thought. The first shall be last.  I wish I could live more selfless as Christ did.  

Laura brought me a breakfast cookie.  They are from my friend Mary Bourne’s recipe.  They have dried apricots in them.  

Hope your day is good and you can put evil in your rear view.  

 

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

As Paul said, "Oh, wretched man (or woman) that I am, who shall deliver me from this body of death."

We do things we know are wrong, even when we want so badly to do right. Thank goodness Jesus has tells us "Your sins are forgiven," just like he told the man who was lowered through a roof to be healed. Don't you wish you could look in the face of Jesus like that man did and hear him saying, "Your sins are forgiven." Then, to prove he had that kind of power, Jesus healed the paralytic.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Evil abounds...it seems to be all around...I am certain God is not happy. We have to put our trust in God:)

Galla Creek said...

I am Thankful for my Blog friends. I am never disappointed when I read the thoughts you write. FB is a whole new world. One minute they post their Christian ideas on love and forgiveness, then a few minutes later they are showing their true self. Hate this, hate that. Thankful for my good friends in Blog Land.