Monday, March 14, 2022

Bright Sky

When I went out to lock my chickens in for the night I spied a beautiful sky.  Really I’m locking things out not the chickens in.  Chickens roost at night and are easy prey for wild animals.  
The day was long with the time change.  Maybe the night will be shorter and I can sleep through it.  My days are easy, but nights are difficult for me.  Sometimes if I wake I can’t get back to sleep.  I have no lights in my sleeping room.  No noise.  It’s pitch dark.  I recall a time when I just fell in bed and slept all night.  I doubt I ever do that again.  

Laura and I walked at Lake Dardanelle.  I walked two miles.  My right knee did not hurt as it has been for months.  I had decided to call for an appointment with Dr. Owen Kelly and get a cortisone shot in it, but it is so much better maybe I’ll be able to go on without it.  

I ordered Ada a wagon for her birthday.  I think she’ll like it.  Greta may have to pull her around in it.  Ada will be 3 April 6th.  Astrid will be 22 on April 7.  My eldest and youngest grandchildren.



I like the words of this song by Kathy Mattea.  I feel so much better when I skip the news and the weather.  I like to just look on my phone for the weather.  Weather on the tv is drama!
 

5 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

I know what you mean about the sleeping! I have the same problem.

happyone said...

The skies are so pretty.
I don't even watch the news. Ken reads it on line and then tells me about it.
Glad to hear you got a nice walk in.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Ada will love the wagon! The sky is so pretty there!

Donna. W said...

I love this song! I'd never heard it. It's written by Willie Nelson's son, Lucas. I didn't listen to it yesterday because Cliff was watching the news, but after my time with Jesus this morning before Cliff got out of bed, I remembered to listen to it.

Donna. W said...

Oops, Lucas Nelson did NOT write the song, he just recorded it. I really don't like it when people think the singer is the person who wrote it, since I've written a few songs myself and wouldn't want somebody else to get the credit just because they sang it. Anyway, I love it, no matter who wrote it.