Saturday, March 12, 2022

Snow, Snow

It started snowing hard yesterday after 12 and continued until 5:30.   It was a wet snow.  The temperature hovered around 30 degrees and most of the roads stayed clear.  Sigrid’s school turned out early at noon.  Laura’s did not and she has to cross the Arkansas River Bridge to get home.  They finally turned out at 2:30.   She made it home safely.  She said the roads were mainly clear.  Astrid left work and put the mare and foal in the stable with hay. 
I walked yesterday before the snow storm, but after it stopped I put on my Muck boots and walked across the Meadow to get the mail.  The sun was disappearing from the sky and the snow scenes were beautiful.
I am hoping spring will truly be here now.  I have been picking up sticks in the yard and burning in my pit.    I went to the grocery store yesterday, but they were out of crackers and milk.  I pray I can be positive in mind and spirit today.  I want to focus on good things and let the rest fall away.  I am trying to hit the mute button in my brain.  I want to do my best but fretting over things out of my control brings no good outcome.  Hope you see and feel the sun today.

 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your snow is way prettier than ours! I hope you enjoy the Root Beer Lady Book!

happyone said...

We had snow too, but our temperatures are very cold and supposed to colder by tomorrow.