Tuesday, March 22, 2022

I’m No Fun

 

My knees can predict the weather.  There is the age-old theory that joint pain increases when the barometric pressure falls while accompanied by higher humidity levels.  Often, muscles, ligaments and joints are stiffer and more painful during damp, cold weather, and feel better during warm, dry weather. Cold and wet weather can also affect exercise and rest, which can then negatively impact how joints feel.  The best thing to help relieve weather-related joint pain is to stay active no matter what the weather is.  I don’t want others relying on me for a weather report.  What a responsibility that would be.   But I will report my knees are hurting more today.  😝

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

Mine too, but it may be because I volunteered to till a young lady's garden.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Me too, arthritis is awful some days:(

happyone said...

I am feel so very blessed to be able to still walk like I do!!!